Reading Time: 3 minutes
In this blog post, we have listed different factors which are considered while deciding the mobile app development cost for both iOS and Android.
In today’s smartphone dominated world, it’s vital to have a mobile app for your business to target by leaps and bounds of growing smartphone users across the world. According to reports, the numbers of smartphone users worldwide will be 2.71 billion and 2.87 billion by 2019 and 2020 respectively.
So, if you are yet to plan to adopt a mobile strategy for your business, not surprisingly, you are far behind of your competitors, talking in the context of those adopted the same and reaping out potential benefits of it.
For business app development, you can target two most popular platforms – iOS and Android. Each platform has its own importance and offers numerous remarkable advantages for business. Some businesses prefer to go with either of these two whereas others opt for both platforms for the app development.
Mobile app development cost is something that’s often a common concern for businesses seeking for having an app, no matter which platform they are interested to target. Though it’s hard to predict the app development cost, still business needs to clear their doubts before going ahead with the app development, after all they are going to invest a lot of money into it (Also read, Tips to Evaluate and Minimize Mobile…) .
Let’s interact with our experts to explore a detailed overview of iOS and Android app development cost.
Difference Between iOS and Android App Development
Take a look at certain major differences outlined below;
- iOS apps can be developed quickly with Swift whereas the development of Android apps take too much time, though with the introduction of Kotlin, a new programming language.
- Before launching of Android Studio by Google, Eclipse was the most popular development tool for Android app development. On the other hand, for iOS apps, developers use XCode for carving scalable mobile apps.
- Android apps get featured in Google Play Store whereas iOS apps get placed in Apple Store.
- iOS users use Apple made devices such as iPhone, iPad, etc. They have more spending capacity compared to Android users. That’s why, developers often proceed to develop app on iOS platforms before building Android apps.
Factors that Influence iOS and Android App Development Cost
Here’re factors that have a greater impact on mobile app development cost on both iOS and Android platforms.
- Features, functionality and purpose of the mobile app.
- Selection of mobile platforms.
- Use of visual elements including real-time 3D graphics, animation, visual transition, etc.
- Integration of third party systems.
- Use of device hardware features.
- Maintenance and support.
Basic Structure of iOS and Android app Development Team
The structure of app development team depends on the size or complexity of the project. Following team structure represents for an elementary or mid-range app development project.
Project manager is the first person whom you connect with during your app development. He/she is responsible for connecting you with the app development, coordinating the workflow and overseeing the complete app development.
These professionals are concerned about handling graphic works including menus, buttons, navigation, background, etc. All these factors are directly related to enhance user experience.
iOS & Android Developers
They perform the job of coding and overseeing the structure into a single whole.
They conduct testing of the final product to identify any technical glitches or bugs and remove it with quick solutions. They ensure app’s functionality is smooth and apt for a good user experience.
Types of iOS and Android Apps and their Costs
|Type of App ||iOS ||Android
|Simple or Elementary||$5,000 to $35,000||$5,000 to $45,000
|Standard|| $15,000 to $55,000||$30,000 to $55,000
|Complex||$25,000 to $1,00,000||$40,000 to $100,000
|High Tech||$30,000 to $250,000||$50,000 to $150,000
Additional Costs for iOS and Android App Development
Take a look at following important costs that you need to keep in mind while developing mobile apps.
- Game Center ($1,000)
- In-App Purchase ($1,000 to $3,000)
- SDKs ($100 to $300)
- Sharing Capabilities ($1000 to $2000)
- Web Services ($1,000 to $3,000)
We would love to hear your comments relating to the post. Got some other thoughts? Drop us words through our contact page.