Want to be a more responsible and informed voter this election? This blog talks about six popular apps that help you stay updated with the US midterm election 2018 and will make it easier to cast your vote.
The US has stepped into the poll mode for the midterm election, slated on November 6, 2018. The election will decide the future of each of the 435 seats in the house of representatives and also 35 out of 100 Senate seats in Congress. The election will determine the presidential future of Donald Trump!
The stats show that the US trails most developed nations in voter participation. The recent election has become a hot topic of discussion among people as it’s the first election that is all set to use a smartphone app called Voatz to allow voters, especially those of West Virginia based military personnel serving overseas to access voting right at their fingertips via a voting app.
Thanks to mobile app development companies that have made everything accessible right at our fingertips due to which even casting a vote seems easy now. So, are you willing to stay informed, involved, and updated with relevant polling data, surveys, gossips, politicians’ activities, and more? Well, you can accomplish this by using a smartphone app for voting, though!
Top 6 Apps to Help You Get Ready for the US Midterm Election 2018
We’ve selected some popular mobile apps that will help you keep eyes on the live election scenario, related activities, midterm election predictions, results, and more. Take a look:
1. Apple News
Apple launched the news app targeting, especially the US midterm election 2018. It gives specific news, blogs, and more, related to the upcoming election. All news stories are based on facts. Since the company doesn’t produce news, it features essential publications from Politico, The Washington Post, Vox, and others.
Key Features of Apple News App:
- Get reliable news from trusted sources curated by renowned editors.
- Delivers top election stories throughout the day.
- Trusted news & politics publications, such as NY Magazine, The Wall Street Journal, and more.
- Get a beautiful reading experience on all devices with compelling design.
2. Countable (iOS / Android)
Countable is one of the best apps if you are looking for a comprehensive round-up of nationwide races and issues that are at stake for the election. For the midterm elections, Countable has a ‘voter center’ section with simplified step-by-step guides to the polls. The app is useful all year long in staying updated on congressional bills and how your representatives vote on them.
Key Features of Countable App:
- Quickly and easily learn about issues and bills in the news.
- One-click voting on the bills
- Side-by-side voting comparisons
3. WHExperience (iOS / Android)
WHExperience app offers multiple tours related to the Executive Mansion in a single app, including an intimate, room-by-room virtual experience of the White House, a companion tour for guests visiting, and more. The app allows you to gather a peek inside 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue. It’s the best place to explore White House official blogs, press releases, and other essential updates.
Key Features of WHExperience App:
- Offer multiple tours related to the Executive Mansion in a single app.
- A room-by-room virtual experience of the White House.
- Watch presidential activities across the country during the election peak.
Congress+ is another essential app that every political junkie should have, especially those desiring to explore information regarding members of the House of Representatives and Senate. It provides their biographical details, campaign statistics, contact details, and other details. It also helps users in tracking any sponsored or co-sponsored bill that a representative supports.
Key Features of Congress+ App:
- Access 116th Congress and learn about Congress members.
- Call, email, follow, and see each member’s district map.
- Offer vital information to be an active and informed citizen.
- Follow campaigns via Facebook, Twitter, and Youtube ideos.
TurboVote has helped over 3 million users vote. The platform equips voters with everything they need to show up to the polls with confidence. Text and email reminders keep in the loop, from election reminders on the local, state, and national level, to info on applying for an absentee ballot.
Key Features of TurboVote App:
- Text and email reminders to keep you in the loop.
- Election reminder on the local, state, and national levels.
- Builds tools for election officials.
6. USA Facts
USA Facts is a self-identified data-driven portrait of America. The platform pulls together public data to make it easy to learn everything you ever wanted to know about the US government’s data. Especially related to votes and everything.
Key Features of the USA Facts App:
- Self-identified data-driven portrait of America.
- Shows government data drive fact-based discussions.
- Provides analysis of US spending and outcomes.
Staying updated with the US midterm election 2018 is what every dedicated voter wants. Thanks to these apps mentioned above, whether you want to be a more informed voter or learn more about politics, these apps will help you to do so.
We would love to hear your comments relating to the post. Got some other thoughts? Drop us words through our contact page.