Skilltaly Case Study
Sports Lover Social Networking App
Defining a journey of our commitments in the progressive development of feature-rich app as a social network for sport lovers.
Enjoying a good connection with footballers and athletes, the client, based in Europe, is committed to work for sport enthusiasts. Its main aim is to let them expand their social networks to connect with others and share ideas & thoughts. The client was looking for a trusted partner who could convert their app idea into a platform to allow sport enthusiasts to communicate and collaborate effectively.
Understanding client’s core concerns including business modules, objectives, ideas and target audience, we moved ahead confidently with dynamic strategies to pursue objectives of app development. The client approved us to go ahead for building the app with the following challenges:
Solutions from AppsChopper
Our engineers overviewed the project and started the mission to deliver a highly scalable, user-engaging and feature-rich sports social networking app. We suggested a few additional functionalities that were added on the platform on client’s approval:
- Providing features like search for sports enthusiasts with filter of region to find and connect with others.
- Improve video editing experience by including features like playback speed, cropping and overlay option for users.
- Add features like tagging users, and sharing content via Facebook & LinkedIn.
AppsChopper’s team of dexterous engineers managed and worked on the project consistently and ensured its delivery in the defined timeline. Collaborated the client throughout the development phase, we accomplished the project with the following outcomes:
- The app generated a huge user base till now by utilizing the facets provided by it.
- User experience of the app enabled higher engagement within the platform in terms of finding profiles, engaging with content feed, etc.
- Robust video editing tool will all the features one may require to make video content engaging.
6 Months Journey of Skilltaly
Evolving Ideas and Design
Our engineers proceeded with analyzing the ideas and created functional wireframes. Since client wants everything on the social platform, we patiently reworked on the ever-changing concepts of the client. Once the features were freeze, we designed UI and UX of the app customized for the sports experience.
Integrated Advanced Functionality
Working on the strategy and architecture defined, our team coded the app architecture including design elements with unique experience. We accomplished a data model wherein team integrated the navigation using slide menus, tab bars and various buttons. We incorporated other features such as video editing, sharing from social platforms etc., which was a bit challenging.
Once developed, we tested the app on different devices and operating system on the basis of its adaptability, compatibility and functionality. Since the app’s major functionalities were social and video editing features, we tested it under different circumstances; and fixed a few bugs found, ensuring the final product was bug-free and user-friendly.
Value Added for Client
Our end product witnessed its rising popularity among athletes. It added value for the client in the following ways:
- The app allows users to record, edit the highlight reels, slow down the part and highlight themselves in the game.
- The app became a center of content where users can add voice-over to video and describe game situations.
- The app empowers and improves life of athletes by serving as a platform of entertainment by letting them connect with sport fans easily.