In this post we have discusses about ‘HTML5 V/S Native mobile applications’. We will put the spotlight on both; the positive as well the negative facets of both the antagonists.
‘S’ Leads ‘W’ Alphabetically– So let’s Start with the Strength first
It is undoubtedly true that both HTML5 and Native Application development are followed by a huge fan following. It’s a fact that Native application development is earning higher revenue as compared to the HTML5 application development BUT the growth pace of HTML5 is clearly swift than native app development.
To make a better decision among the two; it is very crucial to know the points/strength which attracts the app developers and businesses. As per the alphabetic order; HTML5 application development deserves to be discussed first BUT let’s talk about the Native approach first.
Native Application Development
Smartphone operating systems are basically divided into four major platforms including Android, iOS, BlackBerry (BADA) and Windows. When an application is designed for a particular operating system, the doors of other customers are closed (what a Pessimist thinks).
When an application is designed for a particular operating system, the competition shrinks and the possibility of your application to choose by the user magnifies (What an Optimist thinks). No matter you are an optimist or pessimist; the strength points or attributes of Native application development will serve common for both.
=> Native Application is faster and hence enhance the user experience => The possibilities of application idea are LIMITLESS => Developing an Native App is easier and less sophisticated as compare to HTML5 application development
HTML5 Application Development
HTML5 is the latest definition in the world of programming language. By the fusion of CSS3 and HTML; HTML5 has created a sensation in the field that will be sounder in future.
Some of the major reasons of choosing the HTML5 app development are:
=> The application is compatible with every web enabled smart phone irrespective of the type of mobile operating system => Rich user interface is possible => Clean Source Code with Geo Location Tag => Integration of multimedia content is hassle free
Tring-Tring! Time for the Weak Joints
Nobody is perfect; these lines suites best for both Native and HTML5 application development. Beside with the rhythms of positive stories; both of the two opponents are also followed by the rumor chants. It would be a cheat if we didn’t tell you those negative points of the subjects.
Native Application Development
Mobile application platforms are divided into 4 different parts but if we exclude the Android which has about 70% share of the market; it will seriously be a tough job for a newbie to compete in the rest of the 30% market.
=> Moreover there are some other points too which smells fishy and shouldn’t be ignored if you want to know the every hard truth. => It is expensive to make different app for different mobile operating systems => Native applications don’t diminish the gap between mobile application and mobile website => It is an hassle to amalgamate the multimedia content to a Native App and hence the UI is a bit fade as compare to HTML5 app development => TOUGH competition by the popular names of the app development Mammoths.
On the open stage where the market experts are betting on a brighter future of HTML5 application development; at the back end they too accepts that there are certain drawbacks and short comings which must be filled soon.
=> The absence of DRM or Digital Right Management is a big issue => The process of storage and notification outside the application is not safer => The Developer can’t make ANYTHING; There are limitation of ideas and possibilities => Distribution and marketing of the app is complex as compare to the native applications.
Who? Who? Who Won the Title?
The winner of the fight is “YOU”! Hey wait I am serious. The application idea of yours is the factor that will decide which path you have to choose.
If you are targeting on a particular genre of users or want to make an app that can be used offline too then Native application is the name you must click upon but if you want to make a general application targeting the every Smartphone user then HTML5 application development should be the Pal.
A Better Solution- Hybrid Applications
It may not be a good decision to wear Green if you are confused between Yellow and Blue but this could be the best in case of mobile application development. Hybrid applications are actually the integration of the positive points of both HTML5 and Native applications. These are a better way of app development as the negative aspects of the HTML5 and Native apps are skipped in these applications.
We would love to hear your comments relating to the post. Got some other thoughts? Drop us words through our contact page.