Reading Time: 5 minutes
In this blog post, we have listed and discussed about the features of top and best AR and VR apps available for iPhone and Android users.
Augmented Reality (AR) and Virtual Reality (VR) are emerging technologies blessed with huge potentials to make mobile app advanced and purposeful. Earlier used for developing certain specific apps especially gaming apps, these technologies have now hit the mainstream to a wider extent and are indirectly benefiting many industries.
App development services are nowadays frequently leveraging AR and VR technologies in developing mobiles apps to cater businesses. These technologies not only increase capability of mobile apps, but also improve user experience. We have picked some of the best AR and VR apps developed by top-notch apps development services. These apps are successful in their own horizons, with great user responses.
It’s good to start with none other than Pokemon Go, while talking about some popular augmented reality mobile apps. It is one of the most popular games earned a huge appreciation among users. It features a wonderful gameplay that lets players engaged with searching for Pokemon and various other items. They then involve in catching, hatching and also evolving.
- Players can visit several PokeStops and gyms. They can also discover several interesting places including art installation, museums, monuments and more.
- Once players successfully level up, they will be able to hatch Pokemon eggs.
- Players can join any of three gyms and then indulge themselves to claim an ownership of gyms.
- Get helping hands of 20 other trainers to defeat Raid Boss.
Google Translation is a good example of AR based apps. As the most used mobile app, it allows users to translate text actually in an image. The app supports multiple languages and lets users translate one language into others smoothly. One can read memes, sign, packaging, etc., in other languages.
- Users can get 103 languages to choose from.
- Easier process to translate, just copy text in the provided box and get results instantly.
- Can translate up to 59 languages.
- Users can also avail features like camera mode, conversation mode, handwriting and others.
Magicplan is another popular AR app that helps people in drawing up modern floor plans in a simple way, by just using camera of users’ device. To create a wonderful floor plan, all you need to do is to scan the area up to 30 seconds and also create an entire floor plan.
- Device camera is used to create a floor plan.
- Draw a complete floor plan.
- Create 3D models and export plans in JPG, PDF, PNG, CSV, SVG and DXF.
- Draw up your customized objects.
Snapchat’s AR feature has a great impact on making it one of the most popular photo sharing and social media apps. It’s packed with effective AR features such as face swap, dog filter and others are highly effective and boost user experience.
- The app opens the camera of users’ devices and helps it capture the precious moments.
- Live messaging and group messaging give reasons users to engage with Snapchat.
- Meet new people and follow them to hear their stories.
- Users can use snap map to find where their friends are busy.
You may also like to read: 10 Best Apps Built with React Native Technology
Google Earth VR
Developed with the best use of virtual reality, Google Earth lets users explore the whole world with a complete satellite imagery and also a complete 3D terrain. Get a complete view of 3D buildings in many cities. It lets users simply zoom their house and enjoy street view with 360 degree.
- Explore 3D buildings in numerous cities across the world.
- Zoom the subject from any location.
- Watch street view with 360 degree perspective.
Littlstar -VR Video Network
Littlstar is the most popular platform developed with the proficient use of virtual reality and augmented reality content. It lets users search and then share complete the popular content from the most popular platforms such as NBC, National Geographic, Disney VR, Sony and many more across different categories including Animations, Sports, Documentaries, etc.
- Take AR images and share on social media networks.
- Littlstar supports 360 degree panoramic videos.
- Control video using gyroscope or touch.
- Users can find stereoscopic mode for tray-based headsets and also Google Cardboard.
YouTube has become the largest platform letting people access virtual reality content. It’s right place that encourages users to discover, watch and share VR content and explore fun and joy. YouTube’s VR app supports 360-degree video and also enables users to upload the video created by them.
- Can immerse themselves in 360 degree video and experience like a center of action. The app also supports standard video in a VR theater.
- Experience an amazing sound effect accompanied with depth and distance in accordance with users’ attention.
- Make easier switch between voice and keyboard controls, which enable users browse and search quite conveniently.
- Live streaming of fresh and trending videos.
- Use microphone to search video using voice.
- It lets users watch and browse videos simultaneously.
Fulldive VR is the most important social platform that allows users to follow their friends and see, react and comment on their stories. Users can also share their own stories. It also enables users to browse and access a new media generation, including 360 images and videos. They can comment and also share what they find with their friends. The app is fully compatible with Daydream headsets and Google Cardboard
- Stream all YouTube videos in virtual reality.
- Stream all 3D and 360 videos in virtual reality, with 3D YouTube.
- Play all videos and experience like movie theater with VR 2D/3D video player.
- VR browser enables users to browse anything online in virtual reality.
- Capture images and videos through VR Camera, store and access images through VR Image Gallery.
We would love to hear your comments relating to the post. Got some other thoughts? Drop us words through our contact page.