Reading Time: 5 minutes
Chatbots have changed the face of healthcare, e-commerce, banking, and many other industries completely. The healthcare industry comes in the list of one of the rapidly growing industries. In this blog, we will talk about how chatbots benefit businesses in healthcare, e-commerce, and banking sectors.
The healthcare industry comprises of companies that provide medical services, e-commerce is the activity of buying or selling products online, and the banking sector is an industry that handles all the financial transactions.
Well, the question arises here – Where chatbots fit in all these? Why are they necessary? And most importantly, how can they benefit these types of industries in the long run?
Before we begin with the benefits of chatbots in the above-mentioned industries, let’s first get familiar with the basics of chatbots.
What is a Chatbot?
A chatbot is an AI-based application that is capable of having an interactive text and audio communication with users. The software can be programmed for interaction with the specific purpose of any industry. It can be integrated into mobile apps, websites, voice assistants, etc.
Chatbots are generally used to provide customer services and are considered very helpful. It is also known as an Artificial Conversational Entity (ACE), talk bot, chatbot, etc.
Chatbots in Healthcare, E-commerce, and Banking Industries
Running any business is complicated. It requires many tools to run it successfully. Be it healthcare, e-commerce, or banking industry, chatbots are emerging as one of the most valuable tools in customer service.
Chatbots have changed the face of Artificial Intelligence (AI) technology in the market. They have been on the rise for a couple of years now. It is a revolutionary initiative taken to connect businesses with their customers.
The first and foremost purpose of a chatbot is to support and scale business teams in their relations with customers, such as the chatbot can make a meaningful conversation with the customers to eventually benefit the businesses.
Without Any Further Ado, Let’s Head Straight to the List of Benefits of Chatbots in Healthcare, E-Commerce, and the Banking Industry.
Quality Customer Services
Every business’s primary focus to sustain its users is to provide the best possible customer services, be it for products or services.
Chatbots help a lot in the same by providing real-time customer assistance around the clock. The AI-based software can be leveraged to optimize the workload on your employees in support. Below are some scenarios where chatbots can be of great use:
- Healthcare Industry: Chatbots in the healthcare industry plays a vital role as it is feasible to provide accurate answers to all the medical-related queries to the users promptly. It can connect patients with concerned doctors without any delay, the implementations are endless. Instance and accurate assistance helps in building the trust of users and improves the quality of healthcare at reduced costs.
- E-commerce Industry: E-commerce industry has a vast customer base and requires 24/7 customer assistance, and that is where the need for chatbots arises most. Chatbots can easily handle multiple queries at a time and can provide the best solution to the questions of every customer.
- Banking Industry: In the banking industry, loads of transactions take place, and amidst this, customer queries related to the same appear. Chatbots in the banking industry effectively serve the customers by assisting them in the way they want. They serve via SMS, calls, chats, etc. Besides, chatbots also handle routined queries very quickly.
As stated earlier, chatbots are the rapidly growing artificial intelligence solution that can improve the productivity of your business by providing quick solutions to the queries of customers.
However, hiring employees, training them, and giving support to the customers about basic things in businesses is expensive. Chatbots work in wondrous ways:
- Healthcare Industry: Handling patients with patience is not a job for everyone and requires a lot of expertise. It takes time to train every employee on your service desk. Chatbots can perform this task quickly and effectively. Moreover, hiring a person to handle multiple customer queries can cost you a lot. So, optimizing headcounts with chatbots in the healthcare industry to provide customer assistance is a profitable move.
- E-Commerce Industry: As mentioned earlier, the e-commerce industry has a vast customer base, and it requires 24/7 assistance. Technically, paid staff can’t handle more than three people simultaneously while dealing with queries. With the use of chatbots in the e-commerce industry, it becomes easy to handle multiple customers at once and that too at the minimum cost.
- Banking Industry: Banking Industry requires attentive and fast customer handling services, as it is all related to finances. The human brain is not that good at multitasking and might not provide the services to the customers as they want. Moreover, hiring an employee is a long and expensive procedure to follow, while on the other hand, integrating chatbots in the banking industry are inexpensive.
Also read: Why Wearable App Development is Going to be Game Changer for Healthcare?
Delivers Error-free Work
We, humans, are a mannequin of mistakes, and there is a possibility of errors when humans multitask. On the other hand, an efficient program like chatbots can never make such mistakes, and will always benefit the following industries:
- Healthcare Industry: The healthcare industry’s primary motive is to improve a person’s life and cannot afford any mistakes related to health. However, hired staff might sometimes make serious mistakes while handling multiple customers’ queries at once. Thus, chatbots in the healthcare industry play a vital role in providing error-free services to customers.
- E-commerce Industry: E-commerce industry is a vast industry that has a huge number of customers. Thus, it requires proper handling of customers’ queries without any possibility of error. Fewer errors mean more reliability of customers towards the business and chatbots function well while handling multiple customers at once, and delivers error-free service.
- Banking Industry: The banking industry is an industry all related to finances. Transactions of money, bank statements of customers, and many more require no mistakes at all. Integrating chatbots in the banking industry reduces the errors to zero levels, and gains the trust of customers by providing them the right solution to their queries.
Customer satisfaction is always on the top in the priority list of any B2C (Business to Customer) company. In industries like healthcare, e-commerce, and banking, everything is related to customer satisfaction, such as:
- Healthcare Industry: If patients are getting their queries solved in a way they want, nothing can be better than that, right? This will leave patients satisfied with the services; chatbots are well versed in generated automated responses to solve the queries of patients in the right manner.
- E-commerce Industry: E-commerce industry is a rapidly growing industry, and every month a good number of consumers get connected to this industry. To stand out from others in the industry, it is necessary to fulfill the needs of the customer with the availability of 24/7 support. Chatbots help in generating accurate automated responses to their customers.
- Banking Industry: The banking industry can never run without customer satisfaction. When it comes to talking about finances, people always look for accurate answers, and chatbots in the banking industry can do the same by providing them the response they are looking for with its advanced technology.
Chatbots are changing the face of healthcare, e-commerce, banking, and many other industries. It is also improving the users’ experience every day, and all the mentioned benefits of chatbots have their way of fulfilling customer needs. Hence, getting a custom chatbot app developed for your business can help you to engage more customers, which will result in business growth.
We would love to hear your comments relating to the post. Got some other thoughts? Drop us words through our contact page.