Looking to minimize complexity involved in paying bills and IOUs? Sharing bills among your friends and others is hectic; there is an app for the rescue, Splitwise. The app lets you split and share expenses, and ensure everyone gets back the due amount, precisely. Whether looking for figuring out your total expense of group vacation or household, Splitwise lets you do all this in the easiest way.
- Split and share bills, expenses and IOUs quickly by adding contacts using email-ID or phone number.
- User can create groups segregated for separate expenses, adding only the involved members.
- Easily access the groups and contacts, for adding and splitting bills and expenses quickly.
- It displays the total amount users are owed and the balance that they are in debt.
- Activity tab helps users in keeping eyes over every split activity.
- Splitwise app also allow splitting the amount in percentage as well.
- Push notifications send alerts for every update and when bills are due to be paid.
- Uses payment integration services like Paypal and Venmo to settle outstanding.
Popularly described as ‘best roommates app ever’, the app does mathematical calculation for you. The mobile app helps you pay bills each other back in a single big payment rather than doing it in small ones. Splitwise app prevents you from saving receipt of expenses. All you need to do is to add the expenses as soon as they take place and then share it among groups or with individuals.
Available on iOS, Android and web, you can use Splitwise without paying anything. However, pricing plan for ‘Splitwise Pro’ varies by plan and country, offering you some additional features.
Other featured app: Genius Scan: App of the Week – PDF Scanner for Documents
How Splitwise Works?
The cloud-based mobile app saves users’ data as profiles and processes all the calculations at account level. Here’s how the app works:
- The app saves data related to users’ expenditure in cloud server.
- Splitwise capture users’ spit activities among groups and individuals and assigns the due amount to respective profiles.
- When user access the app, it fetches data linked with the profiles and displays the recent transactions and calculated amounts.