Craving calls for your favorite dish, but ordering food online has always been a hassle for you? Well, no worries! In this blog, we’ve picked ‘DoorDash’ (on-demand food delivery app) as an app of the week that lets you order your favorite dish with just a few taps.
Spending your time sitting in the comfort of your homes, having your favorite food from your favorite restaurant, and binge-watching your favorite show is all we want. An app like DoorDash gets your food delivered quickly right at your doorstep anytime, anywhere, so that you can spend your ideal day the way you want.
With an ever-increasing demand for the food industry, the need for companies that develop such apps is also on the rapid rise. Not only the customers but also the sellers, who can benefit from food ordering apps. According to Statista, revenue in the online food delivery segment will reach $136,431m in 2020 and $182,327m by 2024.
By recognizing the growing demand, many businesses are setting their foot in the food delivery business and investing in food delivery app development to reap higher sales.
What Is DoorDash?
Founded in 2013 and headquartered in San Francisco, DoorDash is an app-based food delivery service that connects people to the best restaurants in the city and facilitates door-to-door food delivery. DoorDash lets you explore thousands of amazing restaurants located in the different cities across the US.
All you need to do is to access the food menus, pick your favorite food, and place an order, that’s it. For food outlets, DoorDash also allows you to become a partner; you can grow your business and reach new customers by partnering with them.
How to Use DoorDash App?
Are you feeling hungry? DoorDash is what you need. Becoming one of the demanding food ordering apps in the US, Canada, and Australia, The app is growing rapidly and available for both iOS and Android devices. Let’s get to know how to use it.
- Once you download the app, you need to sign up by filling basic information. You can also sign up via Facebook or Google to leverage its services.
- After that, you can explore the DoorDash app’s main page, or you can tap the search icon and type the restaurant’s or a dish’s name accordingly.
- If you select the restaurant, you’ll be taken to the restaurant’s menu page, where you can make your selection. After that the app will ask you to add extras or ingredient substitutions, enabling the change in item quantity. Once you’ve made changes, you can tap the ‘Add to Order.’
- Tap on ‘View Cart’ to place your selected order(s), where the total price of added orders will display, and tapping on ‘Continue’ will take you to the payment page.
- On the payment page, you can select a payment method (Apple Pay or Google Pay) depending on your device or choose a Credit or Debit card. You can also save your payment information for easy future orders.
- Once you’ve entered your payment details, you’ll come to checkout. Check your selected address, add delivery instructions (if you have any) and finally place your order.
Features of DoorDash App
- Browse more than 310,000 menus across 4,000+ cities in the US, Canada, and Australia.
- Choose from a huge variety of cuisines from your favorite restaurant and get your meal quickly.
- Allows real-time tracking to update you with the prep-times, traffic, weather, and other elements.
- Offers lower service fees and $0 delivery fees with thousands of local restaurants.
- Schedule deliveries in advance to get food when it’s convenient for you.
- Make convenient payment via Apple Pay, Google Pay, Debit, or Credit cards.
- Gives no minimum order limit (order as little or as much as you want).
To conclude, DoorDash is a perfect food delivery app if you’re looking to satisfy your food cravings from your favorite restaurants right at your fingertips.