Reading Time: 3 minutes
In this blog post, we have discussed the impact of instant messaging apps, techniques and features for a secure chat app development.
The traditional text SMS is now outdated, particularly with the explosion of popular, secure and easy-to-use messaging apps. Thanks to growing services like chat app development, which redefined the chat experience. Now, we have many options to share our lives through photos, videos, GIFs, emojis, and file-sharing to other users. We find lots of different options to stay in touch with friends and family by using these free text or instant messaging apps.
The instant messaging apps engage users not only for texting but for content sharing options as well. Users can even share their emotions or thoughts privately using an anonymous messaging app that allows secret messaging without getting recognized. This has pushed the demand for instant messaging app development.
Impact of Instant Messaging App on Social Media
Let’s define how these messaging apps made an impact on our perspective towards quick and private messaging:
- Users can connect, share, and chat using any instant messaging app. Also, users can enjoy long conversations using animated GIFs, appealing stickers and interactive emojis that are customized to deliver amazing user experience.
- Along with personalized chat, people can create groups and share their views among the added participants. Several business owners hire messaging app developers to introduce an app for better interpersonal communication among the employees & teams.
- Anonymous messaging apps are getting popular among the corporate industries as they are used for the betterment of the organization. Employees can send their opinions privately as their names are not revealed while a user can mark & share their favorite messages on the desired social media channel.
- Many social media messaging apps connect users with advanced texting features. Users can add updates, customize them with multiple editing options, and even share the content on direct chat or group chats.
Today, more and more enterprises, companies and authorities are looking for secure messengers and chat apps to increase productivity and marketing of their business. And approach the best chat app development provider accordingly. Messenger apps are not just useful, but also entertaining, acquire more users. A secure chat app for business is quite necessary as consumers seek protection from hackers and surveillance.
It is essential to make sure that these messengers protect both transferred and stored data without limitations and gaps in security. High profile data breaches and leaks make headlines regularly as politicians and companies fail to keep their customers’ sensitive data safe.
Secure chat is a truly secure instant messaging app which delivers OTR text encryption running on XMPP services. To secure data on chat apps, secure chat application offers some of the most conventionally used chat features alongside strict privacy and protected communication concepts. It allows encrypted end-to-end services to exchange messages, voice, videos, and files.
Cyber attackers usually hack apps which are containing sensitive business data, personal information or monetary transaction like payment apps or mobile banking software. Hacker mostly targets banking software, healthcare software, and e-commerce applications. To secure important data and communication from cyber threats and hackers, one needs to focus on the following points and perform chat app development accordingly.
End-to-End Encryption Techniques
The use of encryption denotes that developers adopt mathematical algorithms to scramble data. It is the best-known way to prevent unwanted parties from making sense of the messages users send. All major messaging apps use some form of encryption to protect users’ privacy. End-to-end encryption is popular to secure messages between client and server or sender and the recipient. Only two people can decode and read messages, even the company that develop the messaging app and stores all messages on the server cannot decrypt the messages.
Secure Data Transfer Between Client and Server
Different transfer layer protocols like Transport Layer Security (TLS) and Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) are cryptographic which are designed to provide secure communication over the Internet. For all chat apps or messaging apps that app company develops, they make sure to properly set up TLS/SSL.
They use X.509 certificates and hence asymmetric cryptography to assure the counterparty with whom they are communicating and to exchange a symmetric key. This session key is then used to encrypt data flowing between the parties. Hence, secure communication takes place between the two parties.
Key Features to Secure Mobile Chat App
Take a look at certain important features that are crucial to be taken into consideration for chat app development.
- Using SLS messages exchanged within the app can only be decrypted by the sender and recipient.
- Every message has its private keys.
- All data stored on a device is encrypted by a separate key that’s derived from the password entered by the user.
- To secure data crypto libraries such as AES can be used by the app developers to implement different Android and iOS standards. Remember that data encrypted with this method is only as secure as the password used to derive the key and key management.
Various encryption techniques are useful to prevent cyber threats or hackers for secure communication by chat apps, it depends on your choice. The above methods are your key to the step-by-step process to achieve secure communication.
We would love to hear your comments relating to the post. Got some other thoughts? Drop us words through our contact page.