Reading Time: 3 minutes
In this blog post, we have discussed the different reasons, benefits, and Impacts that lead to the Mobile App Revolution.
The mobile app revolution is changing the way things are done. Mobile phones have become quite smart and are rightly called smartphones. These smart devices have made most of the tasks easier than ever. Whether to shop for favorite merchandise, book a movie ticket or find a doctor, smartphones are capable to do all this.
What makes smartphones so powerful and useful are the mobile apps that can be installed in mobile phones. These apps tap the computational powers of the mobile phones and produce the desired outcome.
The credit goes to mobile apps that help people in getting customized solutions for food ordering, hotel booking, eLearning, school management, grocery shopping, trading cars or even for car grooming.
In the recent past, mobile apps have experienced a paradigm shift. Before the inception of mobile operating systems like iOS and Android OS, mobile apps were meant just for entertainment.
With the features and functionality that were introduced with these mobile platforms, the apps are now more usable and capable of addressing some serious real-world problems.
If we look at the giant strides that mobile technology has taken over the years, we will be surprised, but the fact is that the real mobile app revolution is yet to outburst.
Reasons for the Mobile App Revolution
There is not just one reason that has led to the mobile app revolution. Many factors have contributed to this movement. Better mobile phones, organized marketplace for app download, timely updates, advanced mobile app development services with some very useful and revolutionary apps. Moreover, mobile apps are now able to solve complex problems and therefore, prove to be very useful.
- Launch of new technologies such as IoT, Wearable, Digital Wallet, AR/VR, Blockchain, AI, etc.
- The apps have become highly usable and are solving some very complex problems for users.
- The security of mobile phones has got a major boost and thus, they have become more reliable.
- Many mobile apps now act as a wallet and make shopping, booking tickets and paying bills much easier.
- The mobile app revolution is also fueled by the ability to invite friends through the app which makes the app viral.
- The office solutions provided by apps like Microsoft office and iOffice have made mobile devices a highly usable tool among professionals too.
Also read: iOS App Design & Development Trends to Follow in 2019
Benefits of the Mobile App Revolution for Business
Mobile app revolution brought lots of growth opportunities for businesses belonging to almost every industry. From product promotion to increasing profits, mobile app has nowadays become a one-stop solution to cater to plenty of business’ growth requirements. Let’s see how business directly get benefited from the app revolution:
- Mobile apps facilitate business to directly interact with customers and know their needs, interest, expectations, etc. This helps businesses in rendering client-centric services and also increasing the number of satisfied clients.
- Business now uses mobile apps to enhance their brand name. With apps, businesses can send important reminders and messages about new addition in their products and services or related things. This creates a direct connection between brand and customers and thus helps in increasing brand recognition.
- Push notification is the most revolutionary feature of business apps, letting entrepreneurs intimate the latest deals, discounts, etc., for specific products and encourage them to purchase. This increases product sales and helps companies earn revenues. Businesses can also leverage some other features, apart from push notification, such as social referrals, GPS coupons, mobile order, etc., to improve sales.
- Mobile apps developed with an intuitive UI excel appearance of products and services and catches the attention of target customers easily, seeking to buy the same products.
Impact of the Revolution caused by Mobile Apps
The impact of the mobile app revolution has been unprecedented. Smartphone users are now able to perform various tasks like shopping, showing the correct way, acting as a small bank and others. Through office apps, professionals can work even when they are away from the office.
Surveys suggest that 87% of the time people spend on the mobile phone is dedicated to apps and just 13% on the browser. In-app purchases offered in the app make sure that the developers make good money even when they offer the app for free.
App companies are spreading their portfolios of Android app development services and iPhone application development services with technologies like Artificial Intelligence, Augmented Reality, Virtual Reality, Internet of Things, etc. Also, the new generation apps are high on usability and are very inclusive. Mobile apps, in the coming days, might also face competition from the wearable as they become increasingly popular.
We would love to hear your comments relating to the post. Got some other thoughts? Drop us words through our contact page.